- Attempted to add LetsEncrypt root and cross-signed certificates to store. This may or may not work, due to the nature of the JVM we package for Mote.
- In light of the recent change to Dropbox policy on its public folders, which adversely impacts repository hosting, we've implemented a workaround.
Mote, by default, exports a repository zip file, whenever a session is saved. Upload this archive to a file hosting site, make it accessible to the public, and copy-paste its direct download link into the Repositories list in the Campaign Properties window. Make sure it's a direct download link, else the operation will fail quietly.
Clients connecting to your session will grab these archives and extract them into their local cache. Crude, yet effective ;)
We have a couple of suggestions we'd like to make. First, make a bare "landing" map for players to drop into once they connect. Download times for archives vary according to connection speed and file size. Having your players wait in a safe area makes for a better experience.
Secondly, once everyone has cached a local copy of the archive contents, and you don't foresee any immediate update to the archive, we suggest to remove the repo link, and only place it back when needed. The reason for this is, we did not put in a verification process to see if an archive repo has already been cached locally, nor do we plan to. If you don't remove these links, your players will download these archives, even if they already have cached copies!
- Fog of War rendering conflicts with the main GUI
- Attempted a resolution to an obscure video card issue reported months ago.
- An edge case regarding macro execution permissions.
- Reverted to Java 8 update 101, necessitating an uninstall of previous versions in your system. This is to address a potential issue caused by update 121, which saw Mote crash without error, in certain systems.